You can support Freemuse and our work in a number of different ways:
- Become a member
- Report violations and submit material
- Join Us
Please help us protect artists and artistic freedom all over the world. Freemuse works tirelessly to help musicians with legal fees, medical bills and other costs when they have been targeted for their art. We support organisations in their efforts to promote artistic freedom in their communities by helping to fund research, supporting in campaigns to change local and national level laws, or to put on artistic events, such as concerts and debates on Music Freedom Day. We also hire freelance journalists, researchers and academics, often in or from local contexts, to help us in documenting artistic freedom issues worldwide. Your donation and support will help us continue this important work and hopefully increase our efforts.
If you wish to make a donation to Freemuse, please click the Donate Now button
By becoming a Freemuse member, you support our work, and more importantly, become part of our network, thus signalling that we are a growing, large number of people who are advocates of defending artistic freedom. Member can either be individuals or organisations.
Freemuse has two types of memberships for individuals:
- Paid member – Apart from supporting our work and receiving our regular email newsletters, a paid member has the right to vote at the General Assembly, which is held every third year – the next one will be held in 2018, and can nominate members to the Executive Committee, thus playing a role in the work that Freemuse does. The annual membership fee is 15 Euros and starts from the day we receive your registration payment.
- Supporter – A supporter is for people who wish to support and follow our work without contributing financially, and will be added to our network.
Corporate and institutional membership
As an organisation interested in issues of artistic freedom and our work, you can become a paid member of our network as an entity, which allows you one (1) vote as an entity at the General Assembly, which is held every third year – the next one will be held in 2018, and can nominate members to the Executive Committee, thus playing a role in the work that Freemuse does. The annual membership fee is 150 Euros.
Freemuse depends on our network to report incidents of artistic freedom violations, including persecuted and imprisoned artists, instances of censorship, legislation changes making it difficult for people to express themselves artistically, as well as positive incidents in societies that open up their artistic freedom views and laws.
Freemuse is also interested in publishing articles, academic papers or any other information regarding artistic freedom, and is always looking for good freelance journalists and writers to dive deeper into issues of artistic freedom around the world.
If you have an incident to report, some material you would like to submit, or are a freelance journalist/writer interested in contributing to Freemuse’s content, please contact Freemuse (email@example.com)
- Make sure artists are never silenced. Follow Freemuse on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and help us share threatened artists’ art and stories.
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on key developments.
- Do you care about a specific country, region or art form? Sign up for our custom email alerts.