The Turkish singer Ferhat Tunç will join Freemuse Director Ole Reitov on 12 February 2014 at an international conference ‘Freedom of Speech – Perspectives and Initiatives’ in Uppsala, Sweden.
Ferhat Tunç, a Freemuse Award winner, has faced dozens of court cases in Turkey. He is considered one of the most important voices for the rights of the Kurdish population.
During the two days of the conference invited guests will discuss the global state of freedom of speech. Mr Reitov will present the UN report ‘The right to freedom of artistic expression and creativity’.
In the evening Tunç will perform with his band at the Uppsala Concert House.
Freedom, religion, technology
During the two days of the conference, which is open to the public, presentations and panel discussions will be held on topics such as:
· How free is the free word?
· Religion – a source of conflict or a path to increased dialogue and freedom of expression?
· The exile’s opportunities.
· Technology – threat or opportunity?
· Initiatives that strengthen freedom of speach.
» Continue reading on: www.destinationuppsala.se